The United Methodist Church promotes an Open Mind, Open Hearts and Open Doors policy in its outreach to the community and beyond. As a ministry of Myers Park United Methodist Church, The Children’s Circle also promotes this policy and admits children without regard to race, color, creed, sex or national origin.
2022-23 Registration Info and Forms
- The enrollment process for the 2022-23 school year is now open. Applications may be submitted online only using the links below.
- Please complete one form per child.
- Registration fees are $100 for the first child and $50 for each additional child.
- The Enrollment Deadline for ALL families is January 31 at 1pm.
- Enrollment notifications will be sent via email by mid February.
- In the event there are more requests than spaces available, a lottery will be used to place children in classes. If a listed class does not fill, that class will not be offered. Due to the continued uncertainty surrounding the pandemic, adjusting class offerings and student placement may be necessary.
- Currently enrolled families (church members and non-members) with siblings have first opportunity for placement. Church members not currently enrolled are placed next, followed by families from the community for any spaces remaining.
- In the event your child is placed on the waiting list, your registration fee will be reimbursed. The registration fee is non-refundable if your child is placed in a class.
- Waiting lists will be maintained throughout the school year.
- For new children enrolled in the program, a one month nonrefundable tuition prepayment deposit is due by March 1, 2022.
- For currently enrolled children, a one month nonrefundable tuition prepayment deposit is due by April 1, 2022.
2022-23 Class Offerings and Tuition
2022-23 Prospective Parent Information
For more information about our preschool, please view our Enrollment PowerPoint shared at our Open House.
We are exploring options to offer a second Open House in some format, and we hope to resume tours once the Covid surge in our community lessens.
2022-23 School Year & Covid-19
Our church and preschool administration will be monitoring the health situation as we prepare for the new school year and we will follow any recommended guidelines or procedures that ensure the safety of our students and staff.
Questions about registration, please contact:
- Patty Matthews, Assistant Director, 704-376-5208, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jamie Curtis, Office Assistant, 704-376-5208, email@example.com – please reach out to Jamie if you any issues with the online registration form
Tuition Payment Schedule
The information below pertains to 2021-22 school year.
Our payment schedule requires that October tuition be due by September 1, November tuition payment be due by October 1 and so forth for the remainder of the school year. The last payment of the school year is due on March 1.
*TK has already paid the March, April and May 2022 tuition deposit. All other ages have already paid the May 2022 tuition deposit.
**Only Visa and Mastercard accepted.
Tuition may be paid in full at the beginning of the year, or anytime during the school year. In order to facilitate payments for parents, we have set a monthly fee schedule over the nine-month period. No refunds or adjustments are made for illness, school holidays, teacher workdays, inclement weather/snow days, family vacations, etc.
Paying By Check – Please make checks payable to MPUMC and denote TCC tuition in the memo line. Payments may be mailed to the church, or placed in the locked mailbox labeled TUITION outside The Children’s Circle office. Checks may not be attached to book bags.
Automatic Draft – Tuition payments may be made by automatic draft from a checking or savings account or credit card (3 percent transaction fee; Visa or Mastercard only) through Tuition Express. Sign up is required through the office. Visit www.tuitionexpress.com for more information.
Tuition payments are non-refundable and non-transferable, except in a situation where the family is relocating out of the city of Charlotte. March, April and May tuition prepayment is always NON-REFUNDABLE for Fives. May tuition prepayment is always NON-REFUNDABLE for all ages. If it becomes necessary to withdraw a child from the program during the school year for any reason, families must give a 30 day written notice of date of withdrawal to the Director.
In the event of an unforeseen school closure, the March, April and May tuition prepayment will remain NON-REFUNDABLE for Transitional Kindergarten (Fives) and the May tuition prepayment will remain NON-REFUNDABLE for all other ages. Any further refunds will be determined at the time of closure by the preschool director, TCC Board and church administration depending on the circumstances, timing and length of such event.
Payments received after the 5th of the month are considered delinquent. Delinquent accounts will not be carried beyond 30 days, unless previous arrangements have been made with the preschool office. A late fee of $25 will be charged to accounts that have not been received or postmarked by the end of the school day (1:00 p.m. on the 5th of each month.)
A service charge of $25 will be charged for any returned checks.
Limited funding for financial assistance is available for students who qualify on the basis of need. An application must be submitted to the Director to be reviewed by The Children’s Circle Financial Assistance Committee for consideration.